Being a tropical island in the middle of Thai gulf makes Koh Phangan a perfect place to offer you variety of natural attractions from tropical rain forest, beach activities and water sports to the underwater activities.
Guests can choose to stay from 3-7 days without feeling it's too long with these recommended list of activities.
More information can be requested on arrival.
- Boat trip - Round island boat trip to visit many beautiful remote beaches , waterfall and snorkeling
- Adventure activities - Canopy / Wipe out / Trekking / ATV ride
- Safari trip - Elephant riding, Monkey / Snake / Crocodile show
- Round island with motorbike or jeep or private van with driver
- Water sports - Jet ski / wake boarding / kite boarding
- Snorkeling / Diving trip or lesson
- Cooking class
- Yoga class or detox or massage lesson
There are also many wonderful attractions inland and nearby Koh Phangan
- Thong Sala market - Lively market for local. All day food market with street food and traditional food & dessert. Fresh seafood market is also nearby and very interesting to explore. Thong sala market holds the lovely walking street selling souvenirs, handmade items to all kind of food every Saturday night (20 mins by taxi from Sarikantang)
- Chaloklum seafood village - Located up north of the island, this seafood village is the last community of the local people in Koh phangan that do fishery for living. Very lovely tiny traditional style house can be seen in the village with a stunning view of the harbor. There are many fabulous seafood restaurants by the sea that use daily catches right from the pier to cook and serve you. Recommended for a great dining in the relaxing atmosphere. (40 mins by taxi from Sarikantang)
- Koh Mah / Mae Haad - Recommended as one of the best snorkeling site in Thai gulf. This site is remarkable for its great visibility and the sea anemone with the colorful nemo. There is the sand dune where you can walk from Koh Phangan to Koh Mah when the tide is low. Recommended as a very relaxing place for a day visit. (45 minutes by taxi from Sarikantang)
- Koh Tao & Koh Nang Yuan - Located up north around 1.5 hours away from Koh Phangan, Koh Tao is renown as one of the best scuba and snorkeling site in Thailand with many experienced diving schools. If you are not interested in diving course, a day visit would be your perfect choices. The place offers great snorkeling, buffet lunch, breath taking view point and a powder white sand beach. (Daily trip from Sarikantang by catamaran 7.30 - 16.30 hrs.)
- National marine park (the 42 islands) - The crystal blue lagoon featured in Alex Garland's The Beach film was the highlight of this place. National marine park is the reserved group of islands with exotic marine and jungle lifes. There is a breathtaking view point 500 meters above sea level waiting to challenge your physical power. Once get on the top, all tiredness will be blown away with the magnificent view of 42 islands under your feet. Snorkeling and kayaking are also recommended or just laying lazily on the soft sand beach is also a good idea. (Daily trip from Sarikantang by speed boat 8.30 - 16.30 hrs.)